Without a hard stance against RMT bots will never leave

If the last 9 Months proved anything, its that AGS is never gonna get Bots under controll. They will always come back and find new ways to generate Gold. So far we had multiple changes that heavily impact our gameplay for literally 0 benefit. If anything the situation currently is worse then ever.

As long as the root cause (people buying gold) isnt permanently eliminated it will never get better, only worse.

The fact that Amazon refuses to take a hard stance against any kind of RMT is really mindboggling, And sometimes makes me question who runs all those bots as sad as it is.

6 Likes

players even selling gems in broad day light in game chat and they are getting away with it

1 Like

And bots directly whispering in every city. It feels like AGS doesnt even care at this point.

all my chars now getting at least 2-3 gold selling mail per day instead of 1 now, and its getting super annoying

I think if you are getting mail that bots selling gold. is mean no one is buying gold from bot so they need push the mail to everyone in the area.

1 Like

No one

I never got a single mail from gold sellers. I‘m really curious why people receiving those.
Advertising to former customers?

1 Like

bus driver helping bots too…

the bots can farm accs from bus and sell it to make gold

dont blame us “if one day” bussing will against ToS :joy:

1 Like

Guess they dont advertise to existing costumers as there obviously is no need to.

2 Likes

To be fair so is RMT in any form, Piloting someone elses account etc. But it’s all advertised in the open now and conducted worry free (area chat/party lobbies what have you) because there’s no enforcement. It makes no difference if it’s against ToS if nothing will be done about it.

1 Like

Definitely wrong about this bud, I haven’t once bought gold from anywhere outside of Lost Ark itself and even then it was just extra crystals I had from buying ship skin, some pheon, and a skin for my character. I still get several of those here and there. My bf sits right next to me and he has also not bought illegal RMT gold but still gets those in game mails.

Hell yeah bother, makes sense for former customers to openly denounce the practice by spreading the news about the gold selling mail spam.

You’re a brilliant one aren’t you

1 Like

Yea, thanks I know.

The root cause isn’t people buying gold.
The root cause is bot farms ability to make an infinite number of bots to replenish their supply.

Demand is always going to exist because that’s how humans/customers’ natures r.
Supply however can be finite. Hit the supply or prevent the supply from being replenish. This can be easily achieved by enforcing indefinite lockdowns of servers.

If they never do that, then bots situation will never get under control.
They have the technology. They have the precedents. They are just ignoring the only reliable solution they have at their disposable, but are so stubborn to try every other ineffective approach to deal with bots.

What a waste of time and resources :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

“If the last 9 Months proved anything, its that AGS is never gonna get Bots under controll. They will always come back and find new ways to generate Gold. So far we had multiple changes that heavily impact our gameplay for literally 0 benefit. If anything the situation currently is worse then ever.”

I agree 100% with what you said here.

“As long as the root cause (people buying gold) isnt permanently eliminated it will never get better, only worse.”

I can understand where you coming from here. IMO though people will always want to be able to buy the in-game currency via real monies. The easiest way to combat them is to sell gold for less than these 3rd party sites are. When AGS/SG sell 100k gold for around ~$120 USA NA EAST and the 3rd party sites sell 100k gold for ~$21.00 I can honestly understand why people RMT on 3rd party sites. Easiest solution is to make it so bots can’t make a profit; it would also make AGS/SG more money as well. They can also then remove all the bot preventative measures that have really only hurt us as well.

“The fact that Amazon refuses to take a hard stance against any kind of RMT is really mindboggling, And sometimes makes me question who runs all those bots as sad as it is.”

It would be great if AGS/SG did take a harder stance however that’s not going to happen. They only care about milking that small amount of folks that do swipe on their store and overall their greed will kill off legit folks that are over this game, they have the worst communication I’ve ever seen in an mmo, outright lies from Devs, Customer Service folks, and implementing bot fixes that not only DC everyone all the time and create more issues for real players.

2 Likes

It is not even necessary to sell it for more less…

But AGS will justify this with: “Bots won’t dictate our price economy”. I mean yea, they are able to delete all those bots within one day by adapting the crystal ratio

While what you say isnt wrong. The root cause is still people RMTing. Remove the demand and suppliers will leave.
RMT is the root cause and bots the consequence, not the other way.

But yeah your suggestion definitly has some merit to it.

1 Like

I was just referring to the easiest solution that doesn’t take tens of thousands of dollars of wasted resources by having to spend time and money on combating bots the way they have done which let’s be honest hasn’t done much if not anything to combat the bots. When 3rd party sites have stock of 10 million gold for the following region of this game EU, NA, SA. You easily see that what AGS/SG has been doing doesn’t work.

If you are to believe that AGS/SG actually bans bots every day, I don’t believe this at all. One can easily also tell by looking at steam chart numbers. I think they really only do a massive bot ban on larger patches so maybe once a month if we are lucky.

Look at WOW they had a crazy amount of 3rd party sites selling gold for RMT, WoW sells a wow token now and it crippled those 3rd party sites, sure some people sell still however it’s nowhere near what it was originally and it’s way less than what LA has.

1 Like

Will play some devil advocate here, but technically players can buy gold from the actual store itself instead of from bots. They choose to buy gold from bots because there is a better incentive such as being cheaper/affordable/more gold for money spent.

Then there are some people on the edge thinking about RMT, but decides not to for whatever circumstances. However, bot farms can then push out a better incentive deal to tip those players over to replace old customers and such and such.

Then there is the conflict of interest from AGS/SG perspective where those who RMT bot gold could be turn into potential customers if they ever resolve the bot issue which is extremely unlikely since they choose to avoid extreme drastic measures.

RMT has honestly always existed, but some people can define/interpret it different ways. Technically people buying legit gold from the in-game store is considered RMT, but then most players will agree RMT is reserved only for those who buy illegal gold from bots.

RMT is not defined by whether rules are broken. Instead, the rule of thumb for determining whether an action is RMT is whether something of value in the real world is exchanged for something of value inside the virtual world.

Demand will never go away because we players are humans and we are consumers who want conveniences regardless of what the source/supply is.

1 Like

Agree, then they could merge some if not all NA East servers and others too. Although an easier solution is for AGS/SG to direct sell gold like wow token and make it more competitive comparied to the 3rd party gold-selling sites.

1 Like